I just received another lesson on the role of a father. A father should be very similar to a good Internet Security System for computers.
Since I am setting up a new computer, I'm also re-evaluating our Internet Security Software for the computer. Besides all the security features, a good security software should protect your computer fully, but not bog it down.
This morning I did some research at these websites:
- PC Mag: The Best 2012 Security Suites .
- TopTenReviews: Internet Security Suites .
- Best Internet Security: Top 5 Internet Security Software .
A good Internet Security Software should be:
- Easy to use
- Not overpowering
- not in the way
- Provide real-time protection and blocking
- Detect Adware, spyware, Keyloggers, Trojans, Viruses
- Monitoring all Internet traffic
The security software should also do its job almost invisibly, except when necessary.
After I took a break from reading the reviews and the comparisons I realized that being a father is much like the security software. A father is to supply security and protection to the family without getting in everyone's face and making them all prisoners. A father should protect the family almost invisibly while bringing warmth and compassion.
A good father should be:
- Observant and aware of what the children are doing.
- Only step when needed or to protect from danger
- a protector.....