Why was Jesus crucified? What did the accepted religion of the day think of Jesus' teachings?
Definition of her·e·sy
noun, plural -sies.
- opinion or doctrine at variance with the orthodox or accepted doctrine, especially of a church or religious system.
- the maintaining of such an opinion or doctrine.
- Roman Catholic Church . the willful and persistent rejection of any article of faith by a baptized member of the church.
- any belief or theory that is strongly at variance with established beliefs, customs, etc.
Definition of her·e·tic
- A person believing in or practicing religious heresy.
- A person holding an opinion at odds with what is generally accepted.